The Dec 7th meeting of the core group and area reps with conference call from Sarah Smith of Thompsons solicitors proved to be very productive. Key issues:
- Legal action likely to start in mid 2013
- Confirmation that legal action is on a no win -no fee basis
- Action will be on human rights breach
- Letters are being processed by Thompsons at the moment for issue to the various bodies against whom claims will be made
- Residents not already participating should be wary as they may run out of time. A one year time bar runs from the cessation of the cause of the problem.
- An event at the entrance to the Scottish Parliament was suggested so that MSPs and media can find out more about the case. Members would be urged to attend and MSPs would get to hear recordings of 82dB train noise recordings. Although the suggestion was that Thursday 20th Dec would be a good day, a survey of members found that many still had work commitments till the Friday and that another date/time would be more viable.
We look forwards to NVAG members finding a solution to this four year old problem in 2013.